Central Line Bundle
Complete, Customized Kit for Central Line Insertions
Centurion's CVC Zone Bundle™ is a custom-built central line bundle with everything your team needs - in the desired sequence - to prevent infection, improve outcomes and offer the best patient care possible during and after central line insertion. Every major health agency including the CDC, OSHA and The Joint Commission asserts that a robust prevention strategy including proper techniques, protocols and bundling, significantly reduces CLABSIs.
The defining difference in the CVC Zone Bundle is our Zone Defense approach, which helps facilitate proper sterile technique in the placement of a central line. The equipment and sequencing in this tray anticipates the needs of the inserter, which reduces the need to break the sterile field to find supplies, thereby optimizing the entire insertion process.
Each Zone addresses a step in the central line insertion process and specific objectives that must be met to safeguard against infection.
Zone 1: The Maximum Barrier Zone protects the patient and clinician from cross-contamination.
Zone 2: The Catheter Insertion Zone streamlines the insertion process and anticipates the needs of the clinician during the procedure.
Zone 3: The Site Protection and Accessory Zone supports line securement and post-insertion compliance.
The Zone Defense approach creates a high level of consistency in central line insertion procedures, while allowing hospitals the opportunity to customize where appropriate.
Kits customized with Centurion's innovative products:
SorbaView® Window DressingsSorbaView SHIELD®HubGuard® Adhesive Foam CushionsUniversal Tape StripsCVC Tubing AnchorWingGuard® Securement DevicePre-cut tape strips and rollsCHG-based ChloraPrep® and other prep solutionsBIOPATCH® Protective Disk with CHG
Drapes, gloves and masksWide selection of products from various suppliersMany packaging options including stackable trays, flexible pouches, and wrapped foam trays
- SorbaView® Window Dressings
- SorbaView SHIELD®
- HubGuard® Adhesive Foam Cushions
- Universal Tape Strips
- CVC Tubing Anchor
- WingGuard® Securement Device
- Pre-cut tape strips and rolls
- CHG-based ChloraPrep® and other prep solutions
- BIOPATCH® Protective Disk with CHG
- Drapes, gloves and masks
- Wide selection of products from various suppliers
- Many packaging options including stackable trays, flexible pouches, and wrapped foam trays
Benefits For Caregivers, Hospitals, Patients & the Environment
- Centurion CVC Zone Bundles meet IHI recommendations, CDC guidelines and
The Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals
- Centurion's Guardian Angel Program provides clinical education designed to uncover any gaps and reinforce essential skills and behaviors needed for central line insertion and maintenance